Function and content words


     About morphemes, where these morphemes are the smallest components of a language which affect the grammar structure and meaning of a word. Morpheme itself is divided into 2, namely free morpheme and bound morpheme, but at the last meeting we discussed only free morphemes. Which is where this free morphem is a morphem that can stand alone as a word and has their own meaning. Free morphem is also divided into 2 parts, namely open class and closed class. Where the open class is an open class which may be a word to which we can add a prefix, both prefix and suffix. Which is where the open class is Usually a noun, full verb, adverb, and adjective. And Closed Class is a word that cannot be added with an affix. Closed class Usually consists of conjunctions, prepositions, articles and pronouns.

Function and content words 

  1. The, will, be, in, the (function word). Children swimming ocean this time next week (content words)
  2. Is, the, in (function words). Elvis persley greatest musician world (content words)
  3. And, them (function words).Iur friends calles us yesterday asked if we'd like to visit next sunday (contenc words)
  4. Had, her (function words). Rahmi eaten lunch before toommate arrived (content words.
  5. I, your (function words).Wont giveaway dirty little secret (content word)

Make 10 sentence and decide their content and function words

  1. Am (function words). I going on vocation next month with my friends (content words)
  2. The, be (Function words). Table must cleared before guests arrive (content words)
  3. Will (function words). Putri soon go to campus (content words)
  4. Have, a (function words). If you problem tell me (content words)
  5. Where (function words). Did you put my bike keys (content words)
  6. Is, the, you (function words).This  dress game me (content words)
  7. You(function words). I help clean (content words)
  8. Will, the, it (function words). I mop floor because looks dirty 
  9. Will, at, the, that, will (function words). I swim with them tourist spots we visit (content words)
  10. Will, my, that, at (function words).I go get things left my friends house

Komentar